I’m just too giddy to try and write an actual review of The Greatest Showman you guys. Not that my reviews are serious, well-written or articulated in the first place, but I can’t even bring myself to ramble about it. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE. I’d been excited to see it since the very first trailer, but I never thought it would suck me in like it did. Maybe motherhood has turned me into a big sap.
In fact, Jenna is up for writing on Flick Chicks again so I might be reviewing it over on that blog anyway!
Instead, I thought I’d share 7 things I wanted to do as soon as those credits rolled.
1. Jump up out of my seat, sing and dance. It was the first movie I’ve ever seen where everyone clapped at the end. I live in the UK, we don’t normally do this. We pick up our empty cups of tea and quietly shuffle out of the room.
2. Find the soundtrack on Spotify and play it as loud as possible. I did this on the drive home, then did it again the next day, only quiet because you know, baby in the car and all.
3. Go and see it again. I don’t think it’ll happen, but my husband has been warned that he’ll be made to watch it as soon as it’s out on DVD or VoD.
4. Re-watch High School Musical. Has anyone else missed Zac Efron singing and dancing just as much as me?
5. Tell everybody about it until they hate me. Also, pronounce Hugh Jackman’s name as HUGE? ACKMAN? whenever possible.
6. Visit a circus show. Get disappointed when it’s nowhere near as good.
7. Daydream about Hugh Jackman (I’m trying not to say it…) in that red jacket. I do love a man in uniform…